Working in a gym, I hear so many different excuses as to why people don’t want to come and work out. Here are just a few:
- I don’t have time!
- The gyms too far away
- I’m too lazy
- I’m not motivated
- Working out takes too long
- I can work out at home
Now most of these are just plain excuses, so here’s how I’m going to help you! All you need to do is prepare a small section of your home, office or work space and set aside 20 measly minutes of your time to run your body through a hardcore fat blasting circuit. Sound good? We all know the benefits of exercise so try to do this routine daily for the best results! This is one of my intermediate level 20 minute circuits.
Some home objects to prepare:
- Stool or low chair
Do as many reps as you can in 1 minute.
Circuit 1 (10 second break between each exercise – Total time of 10:30 mins)
- 1 minute bodyweight squats
- 1 minute stationary lunges
- 1 minute pushups (If you can’t do proper push-ups, do it on your knees)
- 1 minute leg raises
- 1 minute step ups (onto a stool or chair of appropriate height)
- 1 minute mountain climbers (the faster you go the harder it is!)
- 1 minute jumping jacks
- 1 minute bench dips
- 1 minute burpees (pushup to a jump)
2 minutes break. Take a quick sip of water! Don’t gulp it down.
Circuit 2 (5 second break between each exercise – Total time 7:35 mins)
- 1 minute squat jumps
- 1 minute decline pushups (put your legs on the stool, if this is too hard then opt for wall pushups)
- 1 minute wall squat
- 1 minute plank
- 1 minute bicycles (slower you go the harder it is)
- 1 minute glute bridges
- 1 minute high knees
Total Workout time of 20:05 mins. Good job for getting it done, now wipe off your sweat, stretch it out, drink some water and get back to work.
Just a few short minutes a day can play a crucial role to your fight against chronic diseases.
Just remember, work hard, play hard and train hard!